Friday, October 28, 2011

A MASTERPIECE...

"For we are God's Masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
- Ephesians 2:10 NLT

As we enter this Season of Harvest and Thanksgiving, I invite you to pause with me and consider Yourself as God's Masterpiece. 

Courtesy of Bethany House Publisher, I received a copy of my Favorite Author's latest novel, the first in her new series set at The Belmont Mansion in Nashville, Tennessee.  Tamera Alexander continues to challenge and inspire me through her historically rich, romantic fiction novels, and A Lasting Impression is no exception!  In this post Civil War era, we are introduced to "a nation mending, the redemption of those wounded, and the courage of a man and woman to see themselves-and each other-for who they truly are."

This eloquently written story reminds me of God's Grace, His ability to Forgive and Restore, and His desire to lead us into Second Chances - FULL of Abundant Blessings!  I wonder, how many times do we resist this progression in order to question our worthiness?  How often do we get stuck in our "doing for others" that we forget  whom we owe ALL of our ability and opportunity too?

I LOVE to meditate on what it means to "be God's Masterpiece...created to do good things He has planned for us long ago".  I am not an artist, but as I connect with Claire Laurent's passion to create, I become aware of the emotion and delicacy involved in the process.  I can imagine each brush stroke taken to design and blend the variety of colors into one beautiful masterpiece, and feel humbled considering God's love for me!!  I begin to see the Joy of the Lord as He painfully placed His signature on our hearts, and treasure the thought of being considered priceless!!

"A Lasting Impression" is Rich with sweet lessons of faith, forgiveness, courage, honor, restoration, trust, and love!!  I am blessed by the opportunity Tamera Alexander's writing gives me to not only enjoy a good story, gain some historical insights, but also to reflect and respond to my own heart condition!  In this moment, I am left with the challenge of considering the "Why" behind my actions, and equally important, the Lasting Impression I am creating.  May we be filled with Wisdom and Understanding as we continue to press forward in faith, and may you be blessed as God's Masterpiece!!! 

No comments: