Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wellness Update - Week 1

"For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds, says the Lord."
- Jeremiah 30:17
     Have you ever experienced a time where nothing seemed to go as planned or expected?  This has been one of "THOSE" weeks for me!  The moment I declared commitment, opposition arose.  Now, this in and of itself did not surprise me - having some understanding about how the Adversary works; but the change of direction that has occurred did.  This kind of sudden change in the past would have sent me into an emotional eating frenzy!  I am happy to report that with the love and support of my Sweetheart and Godly friends; I have been able to continue implementing better habits to support my overall wellness!  My Sugar Addiction, however,  continues to rise up loud and clear; so, I continue to pray through moments of craving.
     In Galatians 5:22-23, we learn that the gifts of the Spirit include Self-Control.  Now, as a Spirit-filled daughter of thee King, I want to bear good fruit!  Likewise, I know that God Is in ALL areas, amen?  So. how can I honor Him in some areas of my life and not ALL areas?  This humbling thought brings me to my knees!!  I begin to seek forgiveness for trusting God as my provider, but not allowing Him to restore my health!  How can I stand for God as my physician, and not include my addiction to sugar?  The joy of reflecting is that I can make new choices based on truth, rather than denial!  So it is, that in spite of Big changes this week, I choose to place my trust in God to heal my wounds and restore my health!!  I will continue to drink more water and less soda.  I will continue to exercise at least 3 days per week, and I will eat smaller meals every 3 hours.  These wise choices will require great Self-Control as I better support my body, and I thank God that He is faithful!    

No comments: