Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mrs. Jeff Baker...

"Love NEVER Fails!"

     22 years ago today, I began a Love Journey that has been the best of times and the worst of times; and through it all, I have learned that "Love NEVER Fails!"  It was a wet, winter Wednesday morning in Utah when I became Mrs. Jeff Baker, and I will never forget the warmth that overtook me as I dedicated my heart to my Handsome Prince Charming!  I was able to be married in His Mother's wedding gown, at the same location where my Parent's and Grandparents were married - SUCH a joy!!  We were married at 8:10 am and left directly after the ceremony for our Honeymoon Suite; then enjoyed our Reception three days later - Best Plan Ever!!
02/14/1990 - SLC, UT
     I have now been Mrs. Jeff Baker for more than half my life, and I can honestly say that I am honored to carry the name of Such a Valor Man of God!!  It hasn't always been easy, but it has certainly been worth it!  As I pause to reflect the many years I have been a wife, I am humbled by the Many lessons I have learned - generally the hard way.  I have learned the heartache of distractions, the value of Forgiveness, the mercy of Grace, the joy of Restoration, and the peace of Renewal!!  I have not always cherished this title, nor have I always brought honor and respect through my choices.  I have, however, grown in confidence as a Daughter of God which has enabled me to Honor the Wife that I am!  
     Along the way, I have discovered several resources that have SO blessed me as a wife.  Two of my favorites are:  "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian, and  "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.  We have gained wisdom and understanding about what God says for Husbands and Wives, and through the love and support of our Pastors, Drs. Tom and Maureen Anderson, we have developed a Kingdom Marriage!!
     Today, I want to encourage you that no matter where you are at in your relationship, God desires you to know His Love!  He is faithful to fulfill that which we commit our hearts to, and He is able to breathe life into our marriages!!  I can now relate to the Shulamite Girl in Song of Solomon as she declares, "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth - for your love is better than wine!"  What a blessing it is to love and be loved with Such passion!  I LOVE that He's Still the One!!

     This Valentine's Day, I invite you to join us as we begin the "Love Language Challenge"!!  We have learned the value of working our commitment, and investing in our marriage; and so it is with great anticipation that we step into a 5 Week Journey of sowing Love into one another!  May your marriage be Richly Blessed, and may you know the Joy of Being Deeply Loved!  I am Grateful to Celebrate God's Very Best for me, and continue to thank Him for the opportunity of being Mrs. Jeff Baker!!
Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Baker
Celebrating 22 Years Together!
     

No comments: