Friday, August 7, 2009

Coming home to Arizona


Look out AZ, here we come! Michelle, Anthony & I joined Jeff in Mesa, AZ on July 1st. What an exciting time for our family! I am feeling very blessed for new opportunities and renewed faith. We have been in a season of preparing, but for what exactly was unclear.

I am constantly amazed and inspired by how much our Heavenly Father knows and loves each one of us! We had been praying for direction in our life wanting to be a blessing. We also asked Father to make things obvious. Needless to say, he is faithful to His word, and not only did He answer our prayers, He did so in such a way that we could not be confused by it. Having spent years in Arizona, moving back brings a sense of coming home for us. At the same time, it meant leaving family whom we love and treasure. Knowing that it was time to move forward, I found myself stepping out in faith.
As we began to prepare for this move, I found myself immersed in Scripture. What I found were simple reminders that Heavenly Father loves us, and truly desires to bless us if we'll let Him. It was with this renewed perspective that we stepped into a new season, and God is good! I continue to immerse myself into the Word of God, coming to know Him more intimately. In the process I am being refined and polished for "Such a time as this". Daily I am finding words of encouragement, counsel, and love. I am beginning to apply the principles of salvation as I grew in gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. How all encompassing it is, as I broden my understanding and mature in the Lord. I am so grateful for a husband that loves the Lord and aspires toward greatness in Him. I am also grateful for amazing children that continue to grow strong! How sweet it is to move through this journey of life within the structure of family!
As we rise up to be counted, I look forward with great faith and expectation that the best is yet to come!

No comments: