Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Chain Breaker


I am stirred up today!! In this song, Zach Williams challenges us to "Testify"...So, let me tell you about my friend, Thee Chain Breaker. 20 years ago, I was reintroduced to the one who would offer grace, mercy, forgiveness, love and freedom to me. I say reintroduced, because I knew of Him my whole life, but didn't really "know" Him. As many of you know, I grew up in a home where faith was our foundation. My parents shared a conviction for their chosen religion that our family culture was based on. I witnessed miracles growing up and established great faith in God as a Father, Jesus as a Savior and the Holy Ghost as a Guide. But, it wasn't until right before I turned 25 that I really encountered the presence and power of Love. 

Ironically, my first encounter with this Freedom was based on high-energy, life-giving music at a Church service rather than an experience of Love and Presence. I was moved by the passion and joy I experienced, but it wasn't until the second week that I really encountered the Love of a Savior, thee Chain Breaker! Fast forward a few years, after I had made some really dumb decisions that would impact my family for years to come, that I REALLY experienced His ability to bring Freedom. I had lost sight of His plans for my life, and had become self-centered, self-motivated, and just plain selfish. I had forgotten that joy and peace were found not in my works, but in what Jesus had already accomplished for me on the Cross. I had gotten so caught up in trying and doing that I lost touch with the one who had already done and accomplished. In my focus on self, I forgot how to connect with others, which cost me as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, etc.

Just as Proverbs 3:5-6 reminds us, I had to learn how to Trust in the Lord with my Whole heart, lean Not on my Own understanding, and seek His will in ALL I do, believing that He would show me which path to take. I can now testify that "there's a better life" than the selfish road I had been walking! The very moment I opened my heart to Him, I experienced HIS peace, which led to breakthrough and deliverance. He is thee Chain Breaker!! Be encouraged today as you ReTurn to Him!!




No comments: