Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Sentiment...

"My Own Little World" - Matthew West
     In Luke 10: 25-37 we read about "The Good Samaritan".  Now, this is a story about a man that was beaten and robbed while traveling, and left for dead.  As it happened, this was a major route between cities, and so there were surely other travelers that would assist this man.  True to expectation, along came a Priest, who when seeing this beaten man chose to pass him on the other side of the road.  Likewise, a Levite when he arrived on the scene, looked and then kept walking.  But the story goes on to say that a certain Samaritan , as he journeyed, came to where this man was and had compassion.  
     What would you have done?  What do we do?  How many times do we see the needs of others in our lives, and like the Priest and Levite, we choose to look the other way and continue on about our business?  As you consider these difficult questions, I DO NOT want you to feel condemnation or pride.  I DO hope that today, we can consider the difference we are making in "Our Own Little World" and Purpose to Be Aware, Have Compassion, Be a Solution, Make a Difference!!  
     In Luke, Jesus was speaking to a group, and sharing this story about The Good Samaritan in response to the question, "What shall I do to inherit eternal life".  Upon completion, He asks the group in verses 36-37, "So which of these three do you think was a neighbor to him who fell among thieves?"  "And he said, He who showed mercy on him!"  "Then Jesus said to them, Go and Do Likewise!" 
     This week, I will turn 40, and as I've been reflecting on my life, I felt led to start an "Initiative" inviting all of my friends and family to celebrate with me by Practicing one Act of Random Kindness each day for 40 days.  PARK Project was birthed with a vision to Inspire ALL who choose to participate to Be a Blessing by Being Others Minded as a way of life, rather than an event!
     I encourage you, and invite you to join me on this 40 day journey of Mercy and Grace beginning this Tuesday, 05/01/12!  Let us answer the call to Go and Do Likewise with boldness, passion and PURPOSE; and may you Be Blessed Abundantly as you do!!  :)

No comments: